International-quality culinary experiences do not need to be hotel-only moments. Park Inn by Radisson Newlands, Cape Town’s, newly appointed Executive Chef, Tharwat Londt, shares with me a great quick and easy recipe for home that tastes just as exotic on your plates in residence as they do in a restaurant.
Chef Tharwat Londt fuses his vast academic knowledge with world experience to bring us this delicious Chicken Pineapple Sweet Chilli Wrap.
- 500grams Crumbed chicken nuggets (or you can use plain grilled chicken fillets)
- 300grams pineapple chopped
- 200g Red cabbage thinly sliced
- 100g Mayonnaise
- 100ml sweet chilli sauce
- Handful fresh coriander chopped
- 1 tomato diced
- ¼ cucumber diced seeds removed
- ¼ small red onion diced
- 4 tortilla wraps
- Oil for frying
- Deep fry the chicken nuggets in hot oil until golden brown and tender or grill the chicken fillets at 180 for 12 minutes and slice
- Combine tomato, onion and cucumber and set aside
- Combine sweet chilli, coriander and mayonnaise and set aside
- Place the tortillas one by one into a hot dry frying pan to just get some colour and remove
- Now spread a liberal amount of sweet chilli mayo on the tortillas followed by the cabbage, pineapple and chicken and add a bit more sweet chilli mayo then sprinkle some tomato salsa.
- Season to taste and close the wrap.
- Bon appetite
With Chef Tharwat Londt constantly exploring a variety of cultures and honing in on his skills, we’re bound to experience cuisine that looks and tastes equally incredible – with every serve.
When the world finally allows, visit the Park Inn by Radisson Newlands in Cape Town to experience the culinary talent that is Executive Chef Tharwat Londt.