I, personally, have a strong affinity to pepper steak pies. So when I discovered a super quick way to make it at home – I just had to share. Mouth wateringly delicious…this is bound to become a favourite for cooler nights.
Cook 60 mins
Prep 15 mins
- 15ml oil
- 1 x KNORR Hearty Beef Stew with Rosemary Dry Cook-in-Sauce 50g flour
- 800g beef, cubed
- 500ml water
- 1 roll puff pastry (thawed)
- 15ml black pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Roll the beef cubes in the pepper and dust in flour.
- In a pan heat the oil and brown the cubes.
- Add the KNORR Hearty Beef Stew Cook-in-Sauce and water.
- Simmer for 25-30 minutes or until beef is tender.
- Place in an ovenproof dish or 4 individual dishes.
- Roll out the pastry and place over the mixture to create the top of the pie.
- Brush with beaten egg.
- Bake pie in a preheated 200°C oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. 9. Serve with mashed potato and vegetables.
Make sure to pair this meal with your favourite red wine. My current favourites at the moment are Backsberg Klein Babylons Toren Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot, Durbanville Hills Merlot and Plaisir de Merle Cabernet Sauvignon.
Which ever way you have it, do enjoy!